SCHOOL HISTORY OF ESTABLISHMENT.
The school is located in Kilifi County,Rabai Sub-County,Kambe-Ribe Ward off Mombasa- Mazeras Kaloleni road. The school occupies 16.4 hectares. It was started by Missionaries as a boarding Primary school in 1940. In 1952 the school was split into two, Ribe Boys and Ribe Girls Intermediate. In 1963, the two schools were merged into a co-educational secondary School Institution as Ribe Secondary School with Mr. Ross Wells as its first headmaster.
In 1989, the school was once again split into two separate secondary schools: Ribe Boys and Ribe Girls.
The main buildings, classes and administration block were inherited by Ribe Boys next to Ribe Methodist Church Station and Ribe Girls had to occupy some old buildings that formerly belonged to what was Ribe Teachers Training College which was relocated to the present day Shanzu Teachers College and Ribe Girls was born.
The crop of students who trans-located from the Old Ribe sat for their first ‘O’ level in the same year 1989.Ever since Ribe Girls Secondary School has been going strong in promoting girl child education .
Currently, the school has 5 streams in Form 1 and 4 streams for form 2,3 and 4 with a population of over 800 students, 38 teaching staff, and 24 support staff.